Linen House is a signatory to the Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation.
As a signatory, we are committed to resource conservation and ensuring that all members of our packaging supply chain conform to the requirements of the Australian Packaging Covenant.
We consider environmental factors as part of standard procedure in key design decisions and to date, this has resulted in a move to 100% recyclable packaging.
Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation is a co-regulatory, not for profit organisation that partners with government and industry. Working to reduce the environmental impact of packaging in Australian communities. APCO delivers a model of shared responsibility via the promotion of sustainable packaging activities that include sustainable design, recycling initiatives, waste to landfill reduction and circular economy projects.
Linen House has been a signatory of APCO Since 2007.
We consider environmental factors as part of standard procedure in key design decisions and to date, this has resulted in a move to 100% recyclable packaging. Until 2019 all of our quilt covers, sheets and many other products were packaged in recyclable PVC plastic.
In 2019 Linen House made a company-wide commitment to reducing plastic into 2020 and beyond. 90% off our current range and new product coming is plastic free, the remaining 10% will be phased out in the short term future. We’re incredibly proud of our new reusable and recyclable packaging, made out of the same material as our products.
2019 impact = 50,000 products
without plastic packaging
Hiccups and Linen House Kids packaging now comes in drawstring bags, which are perfect for a new school library bag or for swimming lessons. Linen House packaging comes in a button up bag, perfect for keeping your linen cupboard tidy or anything else.